Students interested in pursuing PhD education in systems and computational neuroscience at the University of Pennsylvania can apply through a number of programs (some of which are listed below). Consistent with the cross-disciplinary nature of computational neuroscience, Penn CNI faculty are usually affiliated with multiple departments and programs, giving PhD students enrolled in any one school access to faculty across the campus.
- Neuroscience Graduate Group (Biomedical Graduate Studies, Perelman School of Medicine)
- Physics Graduate Group (School of Arts and Sciences)
- Psychology Graduate Group (School of Arts and Sciences)
- Biology Department (School of Arts and Sciences)
- Applied Math & Computational Science (School of Arts and Sciences)
- Bioengineering Department (School of Engineering and Applied Sciences)
CNI students training in auditory laboratories are eligible to join the CANAC training program. CANAC is a T32 award to train a new generation of scientists in comptutional approaches to auditory neuroscience.